Our client is a multinational enterprise software company with £1.9bn revenue, 13,000 employees and offices in 24 countries. The business strategy requires a shift from ‘on premise’ products to SaaS (software as a service) which involves significant cultural change. Sage’s cultural aspiration is to be ‘sticky’ for customers, to have the whole company wrapped around producing customer value. Sage wants to be a company that is exceptional at collaboration across organisational boundaries. They want to be more iterative and faster – increasing speed to market, pace of upgrades and response times to customers and competitors.
- Deep dive culture diagnostic to understand what the current culture is and why it is that way at root cause level.
- Refresh of values and behaviours in a very inclusive way - involving employees from across the organisation, leaders and the Board.
- Creation of a future culture blueprint to support the business strategy.
- Develop a culture plan and metrics.
- Culture communications planning and advisory support.
- Capability build with 50 HR business partners from around the world.
- Workshops with ~150 policy and process owners to align systems to support the future culture.
- Top Team culture intensive workshops
- Leaders’ visibly role modelling a Values-led response to COVID-19 which has been a defining moment for Sage’s culture and has accelerated adoption of the future culture blueprint.
- Values and Behaviours integrated throughout the Colleague Experience (Talent Attraction, Performance Management, Capability Development, Recognition) decision making processes, Brand, Operating Model, Policy and Procedures.
- Increased trust and pride across the company.
- Increased pace, collaboration and responsiveness to customers, competitors and market opportunities
- +23 point increase in eNPS
- eSAT 81 (+9 above benchmark)
- Glassdoor +4* rating
- Glassdoor CEO 96% approval rating
- ExCo believe in 12 months since the original assessment the Sage culture has significantly improved in Customer Orientation, Accountability, Collaboration and Openness
“We wanted a different set of values and a different set of behaviours that were much more focused on taking us forward and to where we wanted to be in terms of a SaaS company and culture.”
“We have an awful lot of hope and confidence for what we're going to be able to build over the next few years.”